Friday, October 24, 2008

Life in Miniature

YAYY!!! Finally got my computer back! Haven't blogged for so long because my computer died.. damn macs >_<>

I thought I would share what my kokeshi dolls look like when they are still WIPs.. all plain and gross-looking.. when I see them at this stage I hardly feel motivated at all! It is only when the paints start going on that the dolls begin to take shape ^_^ Also, Lotta told me about this great shop where I have found some tiny miniature dolls, about 1:150 scale! I have decided to use them assembled inside the cute jars I have as necklaces ^^ Just a little size comparison so you can really see how tiny they are!
The little soccer ball is handmade using polymer clay ^^
No one but my boy and my family have seen these yet, so I would love some feedback! I have been trying to find more of these delightful miniatures in different poses, and brainstorming ideas of different scenes I can put them in too ^^ Always so busy trying to fit in work, uni (exam coming up.. yikes!) and crafting! It is so great when the pieces come together, I am addicted to supplies shopping now :p
So far, I have been accepted into MOTL (November 15) and Perth Upmarket (December 14) and I am sending in my application for Unwrapped today - Fingers crossed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Eek they look so wonderful sitting inside your jars!! Haha your little kokeshi's start out looking like eggs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great.
    Your painting brings the kokeshi dolls to life - they are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks Niina and Pam ^^
    they all start out UGLY! :p
    <3

    ReplyDelete