Saturday, November 15, 2008

Made On The Left

Phew felt so tired after Made On The Left - but it was great fun! I was a teensy bit late arriving, so frantically tried to set up while doing last minute finishes to some of my pieces! I threw together the necklace stand a few days ago and love it, although it would be better if it could hang more than 10 necklaces! But Jeff (my boy) bought the lovely white stand for me - its really stable and looks great ^^ I also had lots of good feedback and was approached by a retailer, which I am really excited about - now to get off my backside and make a catalogue-y type thing :p The photos of my stall from MOTL didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I had a great stall spot between Polyclarific and a nice lady namd Marina who made the most beautiful tutu-style skirts for children and lovely chunky jewelry. Her and her lovely little helper Ash (ley/leigh?) were great company and great help for getting me food and watching my stall while I stole away for a browse of the rest of the market ^_^. It is always so lovely to see when others enjoy your work, and I was so happy to see that a visitor to the MOTL market had blogged about her purchases (two of which were from my stall!). For a newbie into crafting and selling like me, it is so exciting to be mentioned! I also got these lovely brooches from Niina (Sinipuu) - her illustrations are absolutely amazing, I am a huge fan and was sooo tempted to get one of her lovely bunny cushions.. but I had to refrain since I'm saving for a holiday to Hong Kong! I have hinted to my boy though that I would like one.. hehe ^^ Last week, I went to Sarah and Moz's house to discuss with Moz some new designs for my business cards. I have been meaning to change the look of my cards/banners to something more professional, yet cute. After hours of playing around with an idea I had, Moz turned it into something so simple - but totally cute and exactly the stye I wanted!! I also got to see Sarah at work making her beautiful polyclay jewelry, which was lovely :) The cards and hang tags are already off the printing press and should be arriving tomorrow or the day after - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. hey jane,

    the ring arrived fine, thanks for changing it.

    yours,
    bobby ly.

    ReplyDelete