Saturday, November 1, 2008

Twas a LoOoOoong Day~

I've just managed to roll myself out of bed after getting home about 12.30 last night. Ali J and I spent the whole day/night on James Street in Northbridge at the Northbridge Festival. It went pretty well, with lots of crowds in town that day, although the sounds from the Redbull Air Race planes was deafening!

Our first sales were made before the official opening time of 1pm and our final sales were at 10.45pm just while we were starting to pack up! It was slow and steady for most of the day, with lots of tourists in town - we even saw some of the crew from the RedBull Air Race! Ali spent most of the day rearranging our stall, positioning my rings so they could be better seen - and it paid off - THANKS ALI J!! ^_^ Her side was rearranged maybe 4 times?

I was a little sad that none of my new Angel earrings sold.. People seemed to think they were a bit Christmassy? What do you all think? I think they are adorable - it is so canny how every piece I think will do really well, proves to be one of the least popular ones of the day, and the pieces I think are quite ordinary do better instead!

All in all, I thought it was a great day, although it would have been better if the organisers had let us bring the car in at the end so we could pack up! Ali was great company, and even let me slip out for a ONE HOUR dinner with my friends who to came to visit! I am sOoo looking forward to my next market - Made On The Left! It is going to be greatt~

1 comment:

  1. Hi J2aney :) How exciting that I got a comment on my blog from you - from the designer herself. Just wanted to say that I loved your work (my sister too), and love that we can now look up your blog and see the thoughts behind the craft!

    ReplyDelete