Monday, September 15, 2008

Sigh of Relief

Phew! All that rushing around to Spotlight, Beadco and other stores for last minute supplies was worth it!! Upmarket was a fantastic success!

When I arrived, I found out that my stall was in a covered, but outdoors area, and the slightest breeze knocked all my earring cards over! LUCKILY, before I could panick too much, Justine (the organiser for Upmarket) moved me inside - to a prime spot next to the staircase! So I hastily tried to make up the time I had lost and this is how my stall looked ^^

The fabulous looking white shelf, white dish and black busts are all stolen/borrowed from Lotta. I love the way they look and I'm hoping to go shopping this weekend to find a similar shelf/display thingo ^^

Here are some more photos taken by Jane/Planetlime - THANKS JANE!! ^^ Oh and look at my super super cute apron? Isn't it just so pink and adorable? That was also Jane's creation! Oh and I must mention that I borrowed the table from her too hehehe :) Perth Etsians are so great :p

What can I say? My stall was packed yesterday! It looked great (I'm very proud of myself hehe) and there was a lot of interest in my pieces ^^ yay~~. If you think these pictures look busy, look at the last one! I couldn't believe how many people showed up! I'm also sooo glad I got this fantastic spot look at all the browsers! Unfortunately, you may be able to see in the opposite corner to me that other stallholders weren't so lucky.. and their spots did not have so many customers pass through =<

The new bottle charms were received well, I had many interested comments about them and sold 6 of them. However, the best seller is always the kokeshi doll earrings which generate so much interest because of their cuteness factor! I even had a lady put them on right away, which was lovely!! ^^ Thanks for everyone who came and supported me, and thanks to all the customers and your positive comments and interest in my work! AND thanks to all the Perth Etsy sellers for your support and helpful advice, not to mention lending me props for my display! ^^

3 comments:

  1. well done! I bet you slept well that night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, I bought a pair of your pink kokeshi earrings at the Upmarket fair and I *love* them! Awesome and super cute idea - good luck with your etsy shop and future fairs! Cheers Serena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Serena,

    Thanks!!! I am happy that you like them and I hope to see you again - please say hi if you see me at any other markets ^_^

    Jane

    ReplyDelete