Sunday, September 7, 2008

Upmarket Preparations

Just wanted to show everyone some of the pieces I'm preparing for Perth Upmarket! Can't believe there is less than one week left >_<


So this past week I've been crazily creating and Upmarket will be the 'launch' of my newest range of jewelry! I have used some beautiful corked glass bottle charms, filled with tiny hand-sculpted polymer clay scenes. Each bottle has its own theme and comes strung on a silver necklace ^^

'Snowy Rabbit' is my first bottle charm creation! It features a pine tree, with a teensy bunny, surrounded by glittery snow.


'Garden' is the theme for this bottle charm, with a tiny handmade potplant and spade/trowel (is that the American term?). This would have to be my favourite ^^



A variation on 'Garden', this little bud is 'In Bloom', after hard work in the garden of course!



A simple 'Love Letter' surrounded by tiny polymer clay hearts for that special someone!



Do you like to play 'Mind Games'? Or just challenge yourself with a miniature polymer clay verson of ring toss? ^^





This simple piece draws attention to the tiny star hanging within the corked bottle and is enough to bring a 'Twinkle' to your day! Pink and white stars are available, with more colors to come!!

I am unsure how many of each piece I can produce for Perth Upmarket, so I wanted to be sure everyone could take a look and I hope to get some feedback about what you would like to see ^^

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow janey these are amazing!!! I especially like the little plant and spade one and the tossing rings one, I think these little bottles will be so popular, you should make plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! make as many as your little fingers can stand, they are so cute. I love them! can't wait to go to the market as a non stall holder and have some fun! well done. Have you priced them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Niina ^^
    I love them, so I'm hoping everyone else will too! It's funny though, how often the pieces we don't feel are our best become other peoples' favourites !

    I can't wait to see more of your work ^^ your blog looks great and i love all of your illustrations its hard to choose a fave :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that you jane? hehe ^^
    i haven't priced them yet >_< any ideas? ones like the flower and potplant and rabbit are a bit intricate i may make them a bit pricier..

    the star one will be the 'cheaper' item.. i think that it will be popular with kids probably :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous J2aney - I'm jealousy custard! Now I have to think about what I am going to do!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. J2aney - I LOVE 'in bloom' - magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janey,.. oh, is that your real name? I'm not sure.
    Hey, my name's Karen... actually I bought something from you at the Hyde Park Hotel upmarket.

    I am opening a character arts exhibition on the 18th October - www.candycult.net
    The opening night will feature a character arts fair.

    I wonder if you would like to have some of your little bits and pieces on sale? Only the things with faces on them - like the dumplings, monkey, kokeshi, etc.

    Please let me know if you are interested!

    karendesan@gmail.com

    ^_^
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete